Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, November 4, 2017

My happy place

I usually don't weave in the evening, because usually by the time the evening news comes on, I'm beat.

But occasionally, I do retreat to the studio.  I play guitar and violin acoustics on Pandora, and I weave.

This is my happy place.

My little corner of the world.






The rhythm of throwing the shuttle soothes me.


Every now and then I think about traveling.   The pull of other places stirs my soul.

There are a few places in the world that really interest me, places that I would like to see.


Truth is though, I haven't been in an airplane since my Chiari surgery 5 years ago.  I have no idea what my head will feel like 30,000 ft up.
Although the headache of the last two weeks has been so ferocious, I can't imagine that flying could be any worse.
But then do you want to be thousands of miles from your comfort zone, with a slamming head.
Probably not.




Maybe I'll just dream of faraway places, and do a lot of Google earth.

My comfort zone gets dearer and dearer to me.

6 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I can see why your cozy studio is a comfort to you, especially in the evening, when your day is done.
Hoping your headaches will just go away completely, I suffered from one yesterday, and couldn't imagine having to deal with them regularly.
Beautiful items you so gracefully weave, the colors are always perfect.
Hugs,
~Jo

Angela Tucker said...

Oh, Hillary, your post brought tears. I am not a weaver, but I would find such comfort in your studio. To be surrounded by all the things we love...The very act of holding thread and fabric always cheers me.

The first thing that I noticed was your sign. JOY. A very timely reminder for me. Thank you.

There are places in the world that I would love to visit. Until my father is gone, I will sit and dream with you. SMILE

I hope that today is the day that your headache starts to fade.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - your weaving is fabulous. If I had a bigger house I'm sure I would have a loom too. I do understand about your desire to travel, but also your caution about being too far from your comfy place. I had polio as a child and so walking, sitting and changing planes can be a monstrous process, so I just let them come to me instead of me visiting. So far that has worked well. Happy weaving - just love the name of your blog. Now I will explore more.

Joanne Noragon said...

You're a beautiful weaver. Where do you find beautiful cotton threads, these days?

Daryl said...

this crazy weather has to be a part of the headaches .. i see in Ray how the change in temp can wreak havoc w/his asthma ... oy

Twylla Alexander said...

Thank you for sharing your corner of the world! It reminds me of Virginia Woolf's title, "A Room of One's Own." We all need that space that we call our own, filled with things that bring us comfort. You have certainly created that for yourself. 🙂

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts